Since its founding in 1995, The Sylvania Historical Village’s role in shaping our community has been recognized locally and nationally.
- The Sylvania Schools have honored us with numerous awards for their School to Work program for special needs students.
- Through our research and initiative, the Ohio Historical Society has installed the following Ohio Historical Markers in Sylvania:
- Toledo and Western Railway Company
- Erie and Kalamazoo Railroad
- The Ohio Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects recognized the village for its design and concept.
- The Ohio Art Educators Association honored the Sylvania Historical Village and Heritage Center Museum with its Distinguished Organization award.
- The Historical Village is also the proud recipient of the Maumee Valley Landmarks Preservation Award