The structure that now houses the Sylvania Heritage Center Museum was the home of Dr. Uriah A. Cooke. Originally purchased in 1897 and renovated in 1902, the residence also was Dr. Cooke’s medical office from 1897 – 1942.
Today, the Doctor's office, exam room, bedroom and parlor are preserved as they were when Dr. Cooke lived and practiced here. Throughout other areas of the home are changing exhibits focusing on various aspects of regional history, a display of miniatures, and a local history room. The building also houses the offices and archive of the Sylvania Historical Society and the office of the Sylvania Historical Village. Our small book store features area authors and topics.
The Heritage Center and Museum hosts many local community events. From school art shows, geneology workshops, holiday events, and guest speakers, the building is an important year-round venue for the Sylvania community.