- All rentals are subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees of the Sylvania Historical Village.
- Smoking is prohibited in all of our buildings.
- Renters are responsible for renting tables and chairs and arranging with rental company and Sylvania Historical Village Staff to schedule delivery and pick up.
- All spaces must be vacated by 11:00 PM.
- Alcohol service is prohibited in the buildings or on the grounds unless the rental party obtains appropriate licenses and/or permits as required by state and local law.
- Renters are responsible for cleanup and proper disposal of trash following the event. Return of rental tables, chairs and other decorations is the responsibility of the renters.
- An initial deposit of 50% of the rental fee is required to hold the reservation.
- In addition, a security deposit of $50 is due with the down payment. If the facility is left in good condition following the event, the security deposit will be deducted from the final bill.
- Final payment is due two weeks prior to the event.
- Sylvania Historical Village reserves the right to require additional payment in case of damage to buildings or property caused by leasing individual, group or organization.
- Cancellations received less than 14 days from a contracted scheduled event date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the full payment plus the $50 security fee.
- No open flames (candles or lanterns) permitted.
- No decorations can be attached to the walls of the buildings unless approved by the Sylvania Historical Village.
- No confetti, rice, bird seed or glitter allowed.
- All electrical needs must be cleared by the Sylvania Historical Village staff and/or Board ahead of the event.
- The Sylvania Historical Village will provide access for decorating/rehearsals as early as possible. If the facility is available the day prior to the event guests may have access to decorate for a 4 hour time period for an additional fee of $100.00.